CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Reading Group Organization

READING COLOR GROUPS
Everyone organizers their reading groups in whatever way they like. I do colors because they are quick and easy. Plus it helps my Kindergartners learn and practice their colors.  With every part of my reading group organization, the colors are essential so that is why I stick with the color groups. 

I print the groups and staple them to my little color posters (half sheets). I can quickly tear them off and switch my students in the color groups as needed. Plus parent volunteers can look up at my posters and see which students should be at their center based on which group they have. 

My Guided Reading files are WONDERFUL. I bought a hanging wall filing system. Each group has a file folder in their color. 1 folder is where I put my mark off sheet of the items I have taught that group. It also has my reading strategy papers for quick reminders of what to go over. Plus whatever phonics concepts I am going over are kept in that folder. This way they are there and ready for me. The letters posters those students are practicing are in there along with any lesson plans I will be using. The students not on alphabet any more have digraph cards or whatever else I am teaching. Everything is ready for me. 

Another color folder is a manila folder laminated. I tape running record sheets in a waterfall form in this folder for quick access as well. 

My guided reading binder keeps my long term items in color coordinated tabs.


No comments:

Post a Comment