CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Valentine's Day

Art:
Make Valentine's Cards  (I usually give a template one time and then let them be completely creative with whatever supplies I can find.)

Math
Candy Hearts Heart Shape Estimation (compare sizes as well)
Candy Hearts Strip and Clumps Estimation
Heart Graphing (sort and graph by colors)
Math Facts
Heart Sequence
Missing Numbers Heart
Candy Jar Store (parent needed)

Reading:
Rhyming Hearts
Heart Sight Words Game

Writing:
Valentine's Sentence Writing Book
I see...
Student Compliment Notes: I print a little page for each student to write a little "Compliment Note." Instead of doing journals when they first walk in, the students are told to write to a specific note. These notes are signed and collected. I make them into a Compliment Book and we give it to that student.

The Student Compliment Notes work so well if you have been doing the Shared Writing: Student Compliment Notes.

This is what I made my students to give them since I have a small budget and not a lot of time to spend on making all those cute ideas I see other teachers do. Plus who doesn't love glow necklaces!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment