CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 17, 2012

Class Letter from Teacher

I do love this idea. I write my Kinder students a letter on the white board. I then ask students t raise their hands if they can help read a word. The kids take turns reading 1 word found in the story, I underline the words they say. I usually call on my lower readers to get those sight words first in the letter.  (Depends on dynamics of my letter.)  We look back over the words they couldn't figure out. We sound out the ones that can be and the ones they can't, I tell them or we use context clues to guss. We practice reading those tough words once or twice. As a class, we read the letter twice.

I love that I can do lots of positive reinforcing with this activity and practice fluency and sounding out.

On the days I should have written a letter, but forgot, I make it a shared writing. They are to help "remind me" how to format the letter. They tell me how to start the letter (Dear _____,) and end (Love, )

No comments:

Post a Comment